Ben proposed last August, & wedding prep jumped into motion immediately after. Mackenzie arrived home to find that her roommates had decorated their apartment to celebrate. She soon asked me & Taryn to be her matron & maid of honor, & some of her Disney College Program roommates to be her bridesmaids. Since they were spread out all over the country, she was only able to ask some of them in person, but everyone was excited!
Some of the ones pictured below:
- Mackenzie has a sapphire in her engagement ring, & so I bought a diamond-shaped chocolate mold at Hobby Lobby & used blue chocolate to make little treats for the bachelorette party. The photo below is from a practice round at home.
- A little tradition is to make a bouquet from the bows & ribbons from bridal shower gifts to use at the rehearsal dinner. I poked a wooden rod into a Styrofoam ball to make the base, & used straight pins to fasten the bows on.
- I made Disney princess t-shirts for all of the girls to wear at the bachelorette party, using designs from SmallWorldPrintables on Etsy. She sent over the designs (& even customized them for me to match the who's who of the bridal party!) & I made them into iron-on transfer sheets, then put them onto the t-shirts.
- Another new tradition: I got Halli & myself monogram necklaces when she got married. Each necklace has the new married initials, & the girl's birthstone, plus her husband's birthstone. Mackenzie loved these necklaces, so I couldn't resist getting one for her, too! But Mackenzie already has a necklace she wears daily that matches her engagement ring, so I decided a bracelet would be more suitable. Instead, a got a monogram bracelet for her, & their birthstones coincidentally match their wedding colors! These are available from EngravableCharm on Etsy.
- We also did practice rounds of the cake (we decided we didn't like the roses/ruffles!) & decorations, & I worked on the place cards (they're made with just note cards & watercolor!). Mackenzie's bachelorette party invitations were also simple - I just made them on Microsoft Word.
- We got Mackenzie & Ben moved into their new apartment! Mackenzie lived there up until the wedding, & Ben moved his stuff in while we were in Eureka.
- My nails for the wedding were inspired by this post & done at a salon in Ponca.