Click the links for more info, or the photos for larger pictures & captions. The Instagram hashtag #mackenjaminwedding also has more photos of wedding festivities!
Pinterest, as usual, was a huge help in party planning. Many of the decorations were DIY, & I had a lot of fun creating the aspects I had a part in!
- Grape sodas were purchased at Pops.
- The cute, rainbow fruit kabobs were made by one of the hostesses, Kathy, & were inspired by this Pinterest post.
- The thumbprint guest book page was based off of this Etsy/Pinterest listing. We didn't need that many balloons, though, & it looked a bit too formal for our decor, so I re-vamped it & made my own version using Up clipart.
- I had seen sucker bouquets similar to this on Pinterest, so I just added the Up house to fit the theme.
- Photos are from their engagement session, & one was taken with Dug & Russell at Disney World.
Other decorations were based on these Pinterest photos:
The artwork was custom-made by my pen pal from Finland, Emmi. She is a talented artist & designer, & I am so thankful she was sweet enough to make this for Mackenzie & Ben!
Three of Mackenzie's roommates from the Disney College Program are her bridesmaids. They all live out-of-state, but Sydney (great name!) was able to visit for the weekend to be there for the shower! Mackenzie was thrilled to see her, & I was happy to get to meet her!
There were also several family members & friends in attendance, & several who couldn't come, but sent gifts & well wishes. We appreciate all of you for making this time so special for Mackenzie & Ben!
In the movie, Carl & Ellie paint their hand prints on their mailbox. I thought it would be fun for Mackenzie & Ben to do the same to close out the shower. The mailbox turned out so cute, & they are so precious together.
Just 2 & 1/2 more months until the wedding! I can't wait to celebrate more with these two, & watch them begin their marriage. This is such an exciting time for them, & for our families!