Cheshire Cafe: We tried both the White Rabbit & Red Queen cake cups. Both of them were really cute!
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe: This is a good place to go for a quick, plain meal. They have burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc. Cosmic Ray (an animatronic) is playing music during meals as well.
Gaston's Tavern: We stopped in at Gaston's Tavern for a LeFou's Brew. A glance at the menu said it was a frozen apple drink with marshmallow & something else. When Laker took a sip, he calmly said, "Oh, that's not whipped cream on top." I grabbed it, thinking it was the marshmallow, & took a big gulp. It was so sour & tangy, & definitely not marshmallow. I made a horrible face & yelled, "oh my gosh!" which attracted some odd looks from those around us. Turns out it was a mango topping. It didn't taste bad - But it was very tart when you're expecting marshmallow! The rest of the drink mostly tasted like sweetened frozen apple juice.
Pinnochio Village Haus: I got chicken parm with caesar salad, & Laker got a pizza flatbread, both of which made for a great, quick lunch. The restaurant also gave us free Christmas sugar cookies! It was a sweet little surprise. Another fun thing to do here is sign the Blue Fairy's Wish Book.
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor: I got the cutest Mickey ice cream cone in existence. I just got vanilla, but it was so good! The Mickey ears are little chocolates.
Sleepy Hollow: This is one of the restaurants where Mackenzie worked during her Disney College Program. I got a fruit & Nutella waffle that was truly amazing, & Laker got a sweet & spicy chicken waffle (he liked his too!). We had a gorgeous view of the castle, which made our meal even more enjoyable.
Flower & Garden Festival: We got to experience the Flower & Garden Festival over Spring Break in 2016. It was absolutely gorgeous to see all of the flowers & topiaries, & we got to try some new foods, like candied strawberries (which tasted kind of like strawberries soaked in soy sauce & covered in hard candy) & violet lemonade (which tasted amazing).
Joy of Tea: Halli & I got tea smoothies in the China Pavilion, & we both loved them! Her's was mango green tea I think, & mine was strawberry oolong.
Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe: The troll horn is my favorite pastry at Disney. It's basically a giant, sugar-coated cream puff. We have also tried the sweet pretzels, but they were a bit odd. They were made with pastry dough & had raisins in them, so they weren't what you would expect from a pretzel. Both are available in the Norway Pavilion, & I recommend grabbing an iced coffee to go with your pastry!
La Cantina de San Angel: We got nachos in the Mexico Pavilion as a snack while we were walking.
L'Artisan Des Glaces: Macaron ice cream sandwiches. Oh my goodness. One of my favorite things I have eaten at Disney! So good! Of course, these are in the France Pavilion.
Sommerfest: Currywurst, or bratwrust with curried ketchup, is a snack we've grabbed on a couple of trips while going through the Germany Pavilion. They serve these with paprika chips. We like to grab these for lunch or a more filling snack.
Tangierine Cafe: Laker & I love Mediterranean food, so we usually grab a plate of Morroccan food. They have a platter with lamb, chicken, hummus, tabbouleh, & salad. I also tried baklava for the first time.
Germany Pavilion: We got giant pretzels at one of the stalls in Germany. It wasn't the best pretzel ever & I prefer the Mickey ones, but Mickey-shaped everything seems to taste better!
- 1900 Park Fare: Halli & I went to the character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We got to meet Pooh, Tigger, the Mad Hatter, Alice, & Mary Poppins. We ate a full breakfast buffet, where I had eggs benedict, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, & the restaurant's famous strawberry soup. They were also nice enough to give us both free cupcakes for my birthday!
- Gasparilla Island Grill: I have been to this location multiple times for flatbread pizzas & Mickey ice cream bars. This is a good place for a quick meal. It's out of the way & gives a good opportunity to tour the resort & eat in a less crowded setting.
- Ohana: My mom, sisters, & I went to the character breakfast at Ohana, where we met Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, & Stitch, all in their island attire. We had a family-style breakfast buffet, complete with the restaurant's famous pineapple breakfast bread.
- Pineapple Lanai: Dole Whips are the greatest. That's basically all you need to know.
- Tambu Lounge: Halli & I shared a pineapple drink at the Tambu Lounge. It was a little strong for me, but not bad overall.
- Boma: We took a free culinary tour during our December 2016 trip, which started at Boma. Our tour guide for the first section was named Clementine, & she was from Namibia. During the tour, we tried carrot ginger soup, which was sweet with a kick of spiciness at the end. It was interesting, but not something I'd like to eat every day! We also got to try Boma's signature dessert, zebra domes, which I really enjoyed. We walked through the whole restaurant & were given descriptions of the rest of the food, too, as well as an introduction to one of the chefs.
- Jiko: The Jiko part of the tour was less organized & personable. We weren't really given many descriptions of the restaurant, or our guide's home country. The food was great though! We had two types of bread, as well as some kind of chips. There were four dips to go with it - a mango chutney, a pineapple something, a lime cilantro something, & lamb hummus. I couldn't tell you specific details about any of it, but all of them were great, & I would definitely recommend them all!
Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop: We've grabbed iced coffees here a few times, plus the store gives out free chocolate samples. Can't say no to that!
The Daily Poutine: Laker & I had our first poutine during our Christmas 2016 trip. It was not my favorite thing, but not bad either.
Sprinkles Cupcakes: This was my first experience with Sprinkles, but my cupcake wasn't great & it took too long to get it. I would definitely give Sprinkles another chance though! I'm a huge fan of Cupcake Wars, so I want to believe Sprinkles lives up to the hype.
Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour: I got earl grey & lavender with sticky toffee pudding ice cream, & Laker got strawberry & peanut butter with chocolate chili. The earl grey lavender was probably the best ice cream I've ever had!
Lard Lad Donuts: We got a giant strawberry d'oh-nut from Lard Lad Donuts. It's about the size of 5 regular donuts, & so good!
Leaky Cauldron: The Leaky Cauldron is the main restaurant in Diagon Alley. I usually get the shepherd's pie, & I tried the pumpkin juice last time we were here. I'm not a big fan of the pumpkin juice, so I'll probably stick to butterbeer from now on!
Islands of Adventure.
Honeydukes Sweet Shop: This is a fun shop to explore. I've gotten the Sugar Quills, Chocolate Frogs, & Butterbeer Fudge.
Three Broomsticks: This is very similar to the Leaky Cauldron in terms of menu offerings. Again, I usually get shepherd's pie, but my family has gotten the big platters of food to share before.